The Adventures of Super Mario Bros. 3 "Mind Your Mummy Mommy, Mario" (found original "Wipeout" cover audio of animated series episode; 1990)
The episode’s title card.
Date found: 09 Sept 2018
Found by: Kobe E. Blanchette
The episode of The Adventures of Super Mario Bros. 3, "Mind Your Mummy Mommy, Mario" originally featured the song "Wipeout". However, in syndication and on the DVD, the song is replaced with an instrumental of "Mega Move," a song from the episode of Captain N: The Game Master called "The Feud of Faxanadu." This was also used for other episodes of Super Mario Bros. 3 that featured copyrighted songs.
However, there is a difference between those episodes and "Mind Your Mummy Mommy, Mario." The difference is that those songs are on YouTube in English. The original version of the episode is not on YouTube (or any other website) in English. It is only available in Finnish, German, Greek, Italian, Spanish, and Swedish. It is unknown if it ever will be seen in English. Even in an "SMB3 TV to DVD" comparison video (now removed) on YouTube, the Swedish audio is used for the "Mind Your Mummy Mommy, Mario" TV version. Another piece of lost audio is the original sound effects in an English version.
A restored version of the episode, using an alternate language track, can be found online, but the original English version was lost until September 9th, 2018, when YouTuber Kobe E. Blanchette uploaded the original 1990 airing of the episode to his channel.
- After Hours "Why Mario is Secretly a Douchebag" cut content (partially found original version of internet animation; 2012)
- Cinemassacre Extra "Motherfuckin' Mario" (partially found YouTube live stream recording; 2016)
- Club Mario (partially found live-action segments of "The Super Mario Bros. Super Show" animated series; 1990)
- King Koopa's Kool Kartoons (partially found live-action "Super Mario Bros" spinoff TV program; 1989-1990)
- Super Mario 64 Big Star Secret (partially found YouTube screamer video; 2007-2012)
- Super Mario Bros. (partially found deleted scenes of Nintendo game-based film; 1993)
- Super Mario Bros.: Peach-hime Kyushutsu Dai Sakusen! (found anime/manga adaption of video game series; 1986)
- Super Mario Bros. Super Show (partially lost live-action segments of TV program; 1989)
- Super Mario Land (found Ambassadors of Funk music video; 1992)
- Mario Wiki page on "Mind Your Mummy Mommy, Mario". Retrieved 31 Jan '20
- Saturday Mornings Forever episode guide of the series. Retrieved 31 Jan '20