WordWorld (found test pilot of PBS Kids CGI animated educational series; 2005)
WordWorld is a CGI animated educational series that aired on PBS Kids from 2007-2011. The show is based on the books of the same name and also teaches children words with animals whose bodies resemble the letters that spell out the name of their species, along with other miscellaneous objects like planes being built with letters that spell out that word.
In 2005 when the show was first being developed, there was some concept art that was made with the characters designed in 2D animation instead of CG like in the final show, speculating there was an early test pilot made using 2D animation, but this was later disproven.
The only sources of the test pilot's existence comes from an Animation Magazine article, which also mentions them experimenting with live-action, along with Patricia Atchison's resume mentioning she worked as a Story Artist for the series when it was in 2D.
The pilot was found on May 15th, 2022, and featured CGI animation, but with different character designs compared to the final show. In the pilot, Dog invites his friend Elephant to play at his house, but Elephant has trouble fitting through the door and bursts apart. Luckily for them, Ant builds the word "elephant," bringing Elephant back to life.
- Bookworm Bunch (partially found interstitials from PBS Kids channel block; 2000-2001)
- PBS Kids (partially lost schedule bumpers and interstitial material of children's channel block; 1999-present)
- Someday School (partially found PBS Kids channel block; 1998-2000)
- Christmastime with Mister Rogers (lost holiday TV special; 1977)
- Lamb Chop's Play-Along (partially lost PBS children's puppet series; 1992)
- Mister Rogers' Neighborhood "Mister Rogers Talks About Conflict" (found episode arc of PBS children's educational series; 1983)
- The Puzzle Place (partially found PBS puppet series; 1994-1998)
- Reading Rainbow (found Johnny Kemp opening sequence for PBS children's television series; 1999)
- Storytime (found PBS children's reading series; 1992-1998)
- Where In The World Is Carmen Sandiego? "Auld Lang Gone" (non-existent episode of PBS children's game show; 1992)
- Zoom (partially found pilot of revival of 1972 PBS children's series; 1997)
- Zoom (partially found revival of 1972 PBS children's series; 1999-2005)
- The Charlie Horse Music Pizza (partially lost PBS Kids "Lamb Chop's Play-Along" spin-off series; 1998-1999)
- Curious George (lost test pilot of PBS Kids animated series based on books; existence unconfirmed; 2004/2005)
- Cyberchase: The Poddleville Case (found pilot of PBS Kids animated educational series; 1999)
- Dragon Tales "One Small Step for Cassie" and "Circle of Friends" (lost pilots of PBS Kids animated series; 1999)
- The Good Night Show with Melanie/Leo (partially found PBS Kids Sprout series; 2005-2006)
- The Good Night Show with Nina & Star (partially found PBS Kids Sprout series; 2006-2017)
- Kratts' Creatures (found PBS children's educational series; 1996)
- Molly of Denali (partially found unaired pilot of PBS Kids animated series; 2018)
- Nature Cat (lost pilot of PBS Kids educational animated series; early 2010s)
- Preschool Musical... On a Stick (partially lost PBS Kids Sprout "High School Musical" parody; 2008)
- Space Race (partially found PBS Kids web series; 2011)
- What's The Big Idea? (lost original pilot of "Sid The Science Kid" PBS Kids CGI animated series; 2007)
- ↑ Patricia Atchison's resume mentioning her work on the show. Retrieved 04 Oct '21