Binyah Binyah! (found spinoff of "Gullah Gullah Island" Nick Jr. musical series; 1997-1998)
Binyah Binyah! (also known as Binyah's Pond or Binyah Binyah Polliwog ) was a short-lived spin-off series of the popular Nick Jr. series Gullah Gullah Island.
Somewhere between eight and thirteen episodes were recorded between July and August of 1997, and only five episodes aired on Nick Jr. during its only TV run, February 2nd-6th, 1998. The series was named after the main character of the original show, Binyah Binyah the Polliwog. Nickelodeon decided to pass on the series, and it never aired again.
There was no home media release for Binyah Binyah! due to how briefly it ran, and thus, bootleg copies are hard to come by. Thankfully, some contributors managed to save home VHS recordings from this time period.
Supposedly, puppeteer Rick Lyon was asked about the series. He claimed that only the 5 aired episodes ever existed in full form while the rest were never finished. He allegedly had a copy of the 5 episodes on VHS, but the tape deteriorated over time.
Of the five aired episodes, two resurfaced in May 2017 – being made publicly available by LMW contributors CDCB2 and DJ Bob. "Supersonic Binyah," thought to be the fourth episode aired, was found in its entirety. At the same time, "Follow That Pup," thought to be the following episode, misses a couple of seconds after the intro.
In December 2019, LMW Discord user Marnen005 (aka Milk Prayer) found the three final episodes, "The Three Little Duckponies," "Binyah has a Yummy Cake," and "Night Fright," thanks to a home VHS recording of the original broadcast. Some of the episodes have the end credits and the full opening theme. "The Three Little Duckponies," "Binyah has a Yummy Cake," and "Night Fright" was ripped by user Mophead19961 Archive and Lost Media Talks and originally uploaded to YouTube.
On March 12th, 2020, Mop or Archive and Lost Media Talks received a takedown notice via email from Viacom, forcing him to remove all three episodes. As of 04 August 2020, all episodes have been made available via MEGA by user Marnen005.
|1||The Three Little DuckPonies||Found|
|2||Binyah Binyah Has a Yummy Cake||Found|
|5||Follow That Pup||Found|
Bumpers and Interstitials
- Loretta the Letter Lady (partially found Nick Jr. short interstitial series; mid 1990s)
- Nick Jr. (partially found revamped Face promos of Nickelodeon channel block; 2003-2004)
- Nick Jr. Power Play Summer (partially found Nick Jr. interstitial series; 2005)
- Snappy Larry's Showtime (partially found Nick Jr. UK interstitial series and American dub; mid-2000s)
- The Backyardigans (partially found Nick Digital pilot of Nick Jr. CGI animated series; 2002)
- Blaze and the Monster Machines (lost unaired pilot of Nick Jr. animated series; existence unconfirmed; 2012)
- Blue Prints (partially found unaired pilot of "Blue's Clues" Nick Jr. animated/live action series; 1994-1995)
- Bubble Guppies (partially found unaired pilot of Nick Jr. CGI animated series; 2006)
- Dora the Explorer (partially found unaired pilot episodes of Nick Jr. animated series; late 1990s)
- Me and My Friends (partially found live-action pilot of "The Backyardigans" Nick Jr. CGI-animated series; 1998)
- Oswald (lost unaired pilot of Nick Jr. animated series; late 1990s)
- Super Why? (partially found stop-motion Nick Jr. pilot of PBS Kids CGI series; 1999)
- The Umizumiz (partially found unaired pilot of "Team Umizoomi" Nick Jr. CGI-animated/live-action series; 2008)
- Wallykazam! "Monty's Magic Words" (partially found pilot for Nick Jr. education series; 2010s)
- Downward Doghouse (partially found precursor to "Ni Hao, Kai-Lan" Nick Jr. animated series; 2000s)
- Made by Maddie (partially found Nick Jr. animated series; 2020)
- Whoopi's Littleburg (partially found Nick Jr. musical miniseries; 2004)
- ↑ Rick Lyon's TV: Binyah Binyah Retrieved 29 Aug '16
- ↑ Binyah's Pond - TVRage.com Retrieved 29 Aug '16
- ↑ SeanSongs Retrieved 29 Aug '16