Dora the Explorer (partially found unaired pilots of Nick Jr. animated series; late 1990s)
Dora the Explorer is an educational children's show created by Chris Gifford, Valerie Walsh Valdes, and Eric Weiner that ran from 2000 to 2015. It's one of the longest-running Nick Jr. shows, with over 140 aired episodes across its entire run. Additionally, there is an unaired pilot episode that was made to sell the show, and a test animation.
Not much is known about the pilot. The plot appears to be the same as the episode "Beaches". Dora's final design is shown in the test pilot, while Boots looks entirely different, more closely resembling the Grumpy Old Troll. Benny and Tico are also present, though the former is named Benito there.
On August 21st, 2018, Lost Media Wiki Discord member InfiniteGates found the last few minutes of the pilot on the official Funline Animation website. This clip appears to be of much lower quality than the other clip below, however, and could possibly be from a different pilot for the show.
On May 25th, 2023, YouTubers Riley Power and Evangeline found a video interview with the creators of the show, in which clips of the pilot appear.
On June 28th, 2023, Riley Power found an NPR interview from 2008 with one of the creators of the show, that included the audio for the pilot theme and opening lines. It’s lined up with the episode the pilot was eventually made to "Beaches."
On October 28th, 2023, the official Funline Animation Website released "Be the Explorer_1" Which featured higher-quality clips from the pilot.
Bumpers and Interstitials
- Loretta the Letter Lady (partially found Nick Jr. short interstitial series; mid 1990s)
- Nick Jr. (partially found revamped Face promos of Nickelodeon channel block; 2003-2004)
- Nick Jr. Power Play Summer (partially found Nick Jr. interstitial series; 2005)
- Snappy Larry's Showtime (partially found Nick Jr. UK interstitial series and American dub; mid-2000s)
- The Backyardigans (partially found Nick Digital pilot of Nick Jr. CGI animated series; 2002)
- Blaze and the Monster Machines (lost pitch pilot of Nick Jr. animated series; existence unconfirmed; 2012)
- Blue Prints (found unaired pilot of "Blue's Clues" Nick Jr. animated/live-action series; 1994-1995)
- Bubble Guppies (found pitch pilot of Nick Jr. CGI animated series; 2006)
- Me and My Friends (partially found live-action pilot of "The Backyardigans" Nick Jr. CGI-animated series; 1998)
- Oswald (lost pitch pilot of Nick Jr. animated series; late 1990s)
- PAW Patrol (lost pitch pilots and early concepts of Nick Jr. animated series; 2008-2013)
- Super Why! (found stop-motion Nick Jr. pilot of PBS Kids CGI animated series; 1999)
- The Umizumiz (partially found pitch pilot of "Team Umizoomi" Nick Jr. live-action/CGI animated series; 2008)
- Wallykazam! "Monty's Magic Words" (partially found pilot for Nick Jr. education series; 2010s)
- As Pistas da Blue (partially lost Portuguese adaptation of "Blue's Clues" Nick Jr. animated/live-action series; mid-2000s)
- The Backyardigans (partially lost British dub of Nick Jr. CGI-animated series; mid-late 2000s)
- Binyah Binyah! (found spin-off of "Gullah Gullah Island" Nick Jr. musical series; 1997-1998)
- Blue's Clues (found British adaptation of Nick Jr. animated/live-action series; 1998-2003)
- Bubble and Squeak (partially found Nick Jr. UK live-action puppet series; 2007-2010)
- Downward Doghouse (partially lost precursor to "Ni Hao, Kai-Lan" Nick Jr. animated series; 2000s)
- Made by Maddie (partially found Nick Jr. animated series; 2020)
- Riddle Blue/수수께끼 블루 (partially found Korean adaptation of "Blue's Clues" Nick Jr. animated/live-action series; 2000-2001)
- Whoopi's Littleburg (partially found Nick Jr. musical miniseries; 2004)
- Info on the two Dora the Explorer pilots. Retrieved 21 Aug '18