Bubble and Squeak (partially found Nick Jr. UK live-action puppet series; 2007-2010)
Bubble and Squeak is a British live-action puppet TV series created by Dot to Dot Productions that ran for 25 episodes on Nick Jr. UK from 5th February 2007 to 1st March 2007. It reran on the main Nick Jr. channel until 31st August 2007, then returned from August 2nd 2010 when the channel became 24 hours to 6 January 2014 exclusively on the overnight schedule. The show was created to help teach young viewers how to cook healthy foods and to promote the channels Nicktrition block, that ran daily from 12-3pm.
The series is set in a giant carrot where a human wizard name Bubble lives with his puppet friends a frog name Squeak, a spider name Muffet, and a cookbook name Matilda. In each episode after singing their favorite song "The Magic of Food," Bubble and Squeak prepare a dish using the ingredients that was provided to them where they attempt to cook the dish with the help of magic, when something goes wrong they turn to Matilda to help fix the recipe.
|2||The Lost Croak||Lost|
|3||What to Choose||Lost|
|6||The Lost Leap||Lost|
|7||Something to Cuddle||Lost|
|9||The Secret Admirer||Lost|
|13||Winning the Cup||Lost|
|19||Shoes Shoes Everywhere||Lost|
|25||Fear of the Dark||Lost|
The series ended in 2007 after 25 episodes, with reruns continuing on the channel until 2014, since then very little information of the show was documented online since the show was never released on DVD or streaming. Clips of various episodes have resurfaced online with multiple uploads being taken down for copyright infringement.
In July 2022 YouTuber ChrisVHS89 uploaded a few Nick Jr. UK commercial compilation videos from 2007. Out of all of these, a promo for the series and a next interstitial were included. Also included on the same tape is the premiere episode of Bubble and Squeak, which can be viewed elsewhere.
As of May 2023, no other episodes have resurfaced.
Bumpers and Interstitials
- Loretta the Letter Lady (partially found Nick Jr. short interstitial series; mid 1990s)
- Nick Jr. (partially found revamped Face promos of Nickelodeon channel block; 2003-2004)
- Nick Jr. Power Play Summer (partially found Nick Jr. interstitial series; 2005)
- Snappy Larry's Showtime (partially found Nick Jr. UK interstitial series and American dub; mid-2000s)
- The Backyardigans (partially found Nick Digital pilot of Nick Jr. CGI animated series; 2002)
- Blaze and the Monster Machines (lost pitch pilot of Nick Jr. animated series; existence unconfirmed; 2012)
- Blue Prints (found unaired pilot of "Blue's Clues" Nick Jr. animated/live-action series; 1994-1995)
- Bubble Guppies (found pitch pilot of Nick Jr. CGI animated series; 2006)
- Dora the Explorer (partially found unaired pilots of Nick Jr. animated series; late 1990s)
- Me and My Friends (partially found live-action pilot of "The Backyardigans" Nick Jr. CGI-animated series; 1998)
- Oswald (lost pitch pilot of Nick Jr. animated series; late 1990s)
- PAW Patrol (lost pitch pilots and early concepts of Nick Jr. animated series; 2008-2013)
- Super Why! (found stop-motion Nick Jr. pilot of PBS Kids CGI animated series; 1999)
- The Umizumiz (partially found pitch pilot of "Team Umizoomi" Nick Jr. live-action/CGI animated series; 2008)
- Wallykazam! "Monty's Magic Words" (partially found pilot for Nick Jr. education series; 2010s)
- As Pistas da Blue (partially lost Portuguese adaptation of "Blue's Clues" Nick Jr. animated/live-action series; mid-2000s)
- The Backyardigans (partially lost British dub of Nick Jr. CGI-animated series; mid-late 2000s)
- Binyah Binyah! (found spin-off of "Gullah Gullah Island" Nick Jr. musical series; 1997-1998)
- Blue's Clues (found British adaptation of Nick Jr. animated/live-action series; 1998-2003)
- Downward Doghouse (partially lost precursor to "Ni Hao, Kai-Lan" Nick Jr. animated series; 2000s)
- Made by Maddie (partially found Nick Jr. animated series; 2020)
- Riddle Blue/수수께끼 블루 (partially found Korean adaptation of "Blue's Clues" Nick Jr. animated/live-action series; 2000-2001)
- Whoopi's Littleburg (partially found Nick Jr. musical miniseries; 2004)
- Campaign article announcing the series. Retrieved 27 Jun '23
- A 2007 Nickelodeon blogpost that mentions Bubble and Squeak. Retrieved 27 Jun '23
- r/Lost Media subreddit post on Bubble and Squeak. Retrieved 27 Jun '23