Revision as of 08:05, 8 January 2018 by Kobochat
Some articles on this wiki contain NSFW/NSFL content and have been marked as such.
Please browse with caution!
|UPDATE 2.71: HAPPY NEW YEAR! (Added 08 Jan 2018)|
Howdy folks, and happy New Year! Sorry for the lack of a standard notice board post, the finding of Clock Man was kind of a shock for all of us and it took some time to get over it (and yes, Commander Santa has confirmed that it is indeed the same short he originally saw, so there's even more reason to celebrate).
Clock Man isn’t the only exciting thing that’s happened recently though. In addition to a load of new finds (that I’ll get to in a second), dycaite’s been working with a MediaWiki professional to make a lot of improvements to the site itself. Just to name a few, we now have an SSL certificate for improved security, the site’s code has been changed to make the layout look better on mobile devices and lower resolutions, and we’re currently in the process of switching over to a more stable and less bug-ridden extension for article comments (that’s why comments are disabled at the moment, for more info on that, see here). There are going to be more of these changes coming in the near future, so don’t be surprised when they happen and be sure to thank dycaite!
One last thing I want to mention – the LMW now has its own Steam group! We may be hosting game-related events in the future, so be sure to join! Now enough of my rambling, let’s get to the finds. First off, the stuff found prior to the last non-clockman announcement that slipped under the radar:
- Several of the previously lost Aardman advertisements have surfaced, including the Weetos Moon Landing ad, the Bonduelle 'Salat Snak' ad, and their ad for Kellogg’s Mini-Wheats. Thanks to all respective uploaders!
- Not one we had an article for, but a 1915 short comedy titled The Awful Adventures of an Aviator has turned up after being presumed lost! Big thanks to Shane Fleming for transferring it and sharing it to YouTube!
- Back in August, a user named TigerPig Studios shared a trailer for the Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack which contains some footage from the series’ elusive pilot!
- Another episode of MC Hammer’s animated series Hammerman has turned up – “Nobody’s Perfect”, uploaded by YouTube user areyoustilllistening (see above). Big thanks for that!
- The alternate vinyl mix of The Moody Blues’ album "Days of Future Passed" has been officially reissued in the deluxe edition CD of the album made for its 50th anniversary. You can buy it here!
- After years of only existing in transcript form, footage of Gilbert Gottfried’s infamous 9/11 joke has finally been released in the 2017 documentary Gilbert. Don’t know whether that’s a good thing or not, but you can view the footage here.
- As it turns out, the long-lost 1931 found-footage film Ingagi… isn’t actually lost at all! There aren’t any release plans yet, but rest assured, three prints of the film are in the hands of the Library of Congress and won’t be lost again any time soon.
Now some stuff that happened between the 11/30 notice board post and the 12/11 Clock Man announcement:
- The 1968 colorized/redrawn version of the Looney Tunes short "Fish Tales" has been uploaded to Myspleen by user ChupaX as part of their "Cartoon Control Room" series and subsequently mirrored to archive.org here for those who aren't on the site. Huge thanks for saving a piece of history!
- Several other pieces of advertising material have turned up, such as various Nick Jr. Face promos, Aardman's ad for the Britannia Building Society, and Teletoon's Fish bumper. Thanks to the respective uploaders!
- The final 48 minutes of the 1990 Nickelodeon Studios Opening Day Celebration have been uploaded to YouTube by user Chris Graves (seen above). While this still leaves roughly 80 minutes of the special unaccounted for, we now have nearly two-thirds of it with original commercials!
And finally, the most recent of finds:
- An anonymous hero has ripped the 2003 Adult Swim pilot for Penguins Behind Bars (seen above) and shared it through Pan-Pizza's Tumblr page. This is a big find considering the pilot hasn't been shown since its initial airing in 2003, so thanks to whoever it was!
- Canadian channel Encore+ has begun officially releasing episodes from the first season of Mentors to their YouTube channel in high definition! The series had previously been almost entirely unavailable in any form, so this is a big development. As of writing this they've uploaded the first 8 episodes; you can view them here!
- A number of previously lost YouTube videos by Chadtronic have been recovered, including the first 4 episodes of his Pillow Talk Podcast and 10 of his old Oculus Rift videos. Thanks to LMW user morphzero for finding them and mirroring them to Archive.org!
- The end-credits version of Johnny Kemp's Reading Rainbow theme song rendition has turned up in a clip uploaded by CDCB2. While the opening sequence version is still missing, this is big news for anyone who had been looking for it. You can see it here.
- Caper in the Castro, thought to be the first LGBTQ-themed computer game ever made, has been found and uploaded to Archive.org (both the original version and the later censored version)! Huge thanks to those responsible for its recovery!
- Another episode of Welcome to Pooh Corner has been found: "Rabbit Learns to Share" (seen above). At the risk of sounding like a broken record, THANK YOU to Jon Gossard for uploading it!
That wraps up all the new (and old) finds, but before I finish, I'd like to remind everyone that Randy and Amanda have released two new episodes of Lost Media Chronicles - one on the Dixie Chicks death threat letter and another on A Charlie Brown Christmas. You can watch them both above.
That's all for this time (phew), so I'm gonna go cross "write a notice board post" off my bucket list. See you later!
|Notice board archive|
- Star Wars: Detours (partially found unreleased CGI animated series; 2012-2013) Added 04 Jan 2018 [New]
- Superman and Jimmy Olsen art by Jack Kirby (partially found comic material; early 1970s) Added 02 Jan 2018 [New]
- Caper in the Castro (found Macintosh LGBTQ point & click noir game; 1989) Added 02 Jan 2018 [New]
- The Beatles Cartoon (partially found skits/bumpers; 1965-1967) Added 02 Jan 2018 [New]
- Goosebumps Gold (unreleased Goosebumps book series; 2001) Added 01 Jan 2018 [New]
- At the Movies (partially found TV review series; 1986-2010) Added 01 Jan 2018 [New]
- Shin Megami Tensei III ver.α (lost Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne tech demo; 2000) Added 01 Jan 2018 [New]
- The Patrol - demo tape (lost demo tape; 1980) Added 01 Jan 2018 [New]
- Oasis (lost TV footage of live performance; 1992) Added 01 Jan 2018 [New]
- Sabreman Stampede (cancelled Xbox 360 3D platformer-adventure game; 2002-2005) Added 31 Dec 2017 [New]
- The Tale of the Priest and of His Workman Balda (partially found Soviet animated film; 1930s) Added 31 Dec 2017 [New]
- Dumbo's Circus (partially found Disney Channel live action puppet TV series; 1985-1986) Added 30 Dec 2017 [New]
- Mass Effect Andromeda - Quarian Ark (cancelled DLC of action role-playing game; 2017) Added 30 Dec 2017 [New]
- Nintendo Pennant Chase Baseball (cancelled Nintendo GameCube baseball game; 2005) Added 29 Dec 2017 [New]
- Purevex (lost PC space shooter game; 1997) Added 29 Dec 2017 [New]
- Warlords Battlecry (partially lost soundtrack of real time strategy game; 2000) Added 28 Dec 2017 [New]
- Dick & Dom inda Bungalow (partially lost children's TV series; 2002-2006) Added 28 Dec 2017 [New]
- Multiplayer BattleTech 3025 (cancelled PC MMORPG; 2001) Added 28 Dec 2017 [New]
- All the Money in the World - Kevin Spacey scenes (partially found original footage of film; 2017) Added 27 Dec 2017 [New]
- Earthworm Jim PSP (cancelled Playstation Portable port; 2007) Added 26 Dec 2017 [New]
- Star Wars: Attack Squadrons (cancelled web browser multiplayer game; 2014) Added 25 Dec 2017
- Tats TopVideos (partially found removed videos from YouTube Channel; 2010-2014) Added 24 Dec 2017
- Penguins Behind Bars (found Adult Swim exclusive pilot of animated series; 2003) Added 23 Dec 2017
- Welcome to Pooh Corner (partially found live-action puppet Disney show; 1983-1986) Added 22 Dec 2017
- Evening Primrose (lost color footage of ABC Stage 67 TV musical; 1966) Added 20 Dec 2017
- Eternal Darkness (lost build of finished Nintendo 64 survival horror game; 1998-2000) Added 19 Dec 2017
- Virtua Fighter RPG: ''Akira's Story'' (lost Sega Saturn & Sega Dreamcast RPG; 1996-1998) Added 18 Dec 2017
- Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny The Movie (cancelled anime film; 2006-2007) Added 18 Dec 2017
- Pizza Time Theater Showtapes (Partially lost show recordings for animatronic theater; 1977-1995) Added 16 Dec 2017
- The Brazilian Job (cancelled sequel to 'The Italian Job'; 2005-2007) Added 15 Dec 2017
- My Special Book (lost Canadian live action children's television show; 1998) Added 15 Dec 2017
- Max the Cat (partially found Canadian children's animated television series; 1996) Added 14 Dec 2017
- Beezoo's Attic/ Le Grenier de Bisou (partially found Canadian children's television series; 2001) Added 13 Dec 2017
- Clerks III (lost cancelled film script; 2012-2017) Added 13 Dec 2017
- Spider-Man Safety Series (lost direct-to-video animated educational series; 1990) Added 13 Dec 2017
- The Ultraman (lost English pilot dub of anime series; early 1990s) Added 13 Dec 2017
- Chanticleer (cancelled Disney animated film; 1940s-mid-1960s) Added 12 Dec 2017
- Neopets Movie (unreleased CGI animated movie; 2006) Added 11 Dec 2017
- Cybersix (partially found censored version of animated series; 2000) Added 10 Dec 2017
- Cybersix (partially found live-action TV adaptation of comic book series; 1995) Added 10 Dec 2017