The Wiggles Big Show (partially lost footage of Melbourne performance; 1997)
Title card to the excerpt from Wiggle Time (1998), which uses the tour's title.
Status: Partially Lost
The Wiggles Big Show is a concert tour by the Australian children's group The Wiggles. The tour was in promotion for The Wiggles Movie that would be released following the tour's completion. It commenced on October 7, 1997 at the State Sports Centre, Homebush, New South Wales and concluded on December 4, 1997 at the Derwent Entertainment Centre in Tasmania. The tour would be the group's first large scale tour and the first to perform in arenas. A show at the Melbourne Sports and Entertainment Centre (either November 7th or 8th) would be recorded, but unlike how much The Wiggles filmed concerts that would get home media releases, the concert is one of many concerts the group recorded that has never seen a home media release and has never been seen in it's entirety.
Setlist[edit | edit source]
There is a lot of information online on what the setlist could be. Complete footage of Hot Potato (extended intro from VideoNow Jr. release), Can You (Point Your Fingers And Do The Twist?), Di Dicki Do Dum, Wake Up Jeff!, Wave To Wags, Tap Wags, Quack Quack, Five Little Ducks, Baby Baluga, Nya Nya Nya, Ooh It's Captain Feathersword, Get Ready To Wiggle and Wiggly Medley exists via episodes of The Wiggles TV Show and VideoNow Jr. releases and the Disney Channel promo had clips from We Like To Say Hello, D.O.R.O.T.H.Y. (My Favorite Dinosaur) and Henry's Dance. A photo of Anthony writing the setlist has surfaced but unfortunately it's in poor quality and cut off. A presumed setlist from the tour (in which the special was taped from) was found on setlist.fm and a lot of the songs list on the site match the songs that have surviving footage, but it's unconfirmed if it's the actual setlist from the special.
Availability[edit | edit source]
The first released songs from the film were included as a bonus on the 1998 remake of the Wiggle Time video, with more songs appearing throughout their first TV series on the Seven Network. Their first TV Series would be released on DVD in November 2005, but the performance of Raffi's "Baby Baluga" was excluded due to licensing issues but it did air on Playhouse Disney in North America. A episode from their second TV Series includes a performance of Wake Up Jeff! that was not included in the previous series. Later in 2005, a few episodes of TV series 1 were released as part of VideoNow's Jr. titles in North America. A 3-pack release containing the "Wiggly Opera" episode is notable for having 3 bonus "Let's Wiggle" segments at the end, one being a performance of "Get Ready To Wiggle" that wasn't featured in TV Series 1.
In November 2019, a new splash of information came through after a Australian Disney Channel promo for the aforementioned Disneyland special was uploaded onto YouTube. While confirming the pre-existing special's name (regularly known in fan circles under its on-screen title, "Live At Disneyland Park") as The Wiggles in Disneyland, it also confirmed a showing of the November 1997 Melbourne concert which had previously aired the day after the Disneyland special aired. The promo also showed previously-unseen footage of the concert, providing some more hints on what the concert's setlist would've originally been. Meaning the concert aired as a TV special on the Australian Disney Channel. It was also discovered that the special with the concert footage aired on the Australian Disney Channel may've have presumably aired sometime during 1999, as it was a part of a series of Wiggles specials that aired on the Australian Disney Channel throughout the year as a result of the positive reception of the Disneyland special. In March 2020, a user by the name of "Michael McCartney" claimed to have a full recording of the special, although it is uncertain if it is referring to a cassette or VHS tape recording.
As the Disney Channel airing was a one-time showing through cable provider Optus Vision, it might be impossible to locate someone who recorded the screening for a specific reason.
In November 2020, Anthony Field announced on Twitter that he found a copy of the concert and plans on uploading it to YouTube as part of The Wiggles ongoing Unreleased NEVER-BEFORE-SEEN Specials series. As of October 2021, the footage has not been uploaded to their channel.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Promos/Videos[edit | edit source]
Songs[edit | edit source]
Images[edit | edit source]
Extended Link[edit | edit source]
See Also[edit | edit source]
TV[edit | edit source]
- The Wiggles Live at Disneyland (found Australian TV special; 1998)
- The Wiggles (partially found alternate versions of episodes of children's show; 1998-2011)
- The Wiggles Series One (partially lost deleted scenes of children's live action series; 1997-1998)
- The Wiggles Show (partially found animated songs from children's show; mid 2000s)
- The Wiggles (lost unaired ABC pilot featuring children's group; 1995)
- The Wiggles Show (partially found Latin American adaptation of children's series; 2006)
- Let's Wiggle (partially found short series for children's band; 1997-1999)
- The Wiggles (partially found Taiwanese adaptation of children's series; 2003-2007)
- Wiggle and Learn (lost unreleased original version of children's TV series; 2006)
Concerts[edit | edit source]
- Wiggly Party Live in Concert (partially found footage of Vodafone Arena performance; 2001)
- Yule Be Wiggling Christmas Show (lost footage of The Wiggles live performance; 2000; existence unconfirmed)
- Toot Toot Show! (partially lost footage of The Wiggles performance; 1998)
- The Wiggles - NASA (lost footage of National Aeronautics and Space Administration performance; 2004)
- Santa's Rockin'! Concert (partially found footage of The Wiggles performance; 2004)
- Wiggly Safari Show (partially found footage of The Wiggles performances; 2002)
- Wiggledancing! Live On Stage (partially found pro-shot recordings of concert tour; 2006)
- Greatest Hits In The Round (partially lost Acer Arena performance of The Wiggles; 2010)
- Christmas Celebration (lost footage of The Wiggles final performance; 2012)
- The Wiggles LIVE In Concert Tsunami Relief Benefit Concert (partially found footage of Indian Ocean earthquake fundraiser performance; 2005)
- The Wiggly Big Show Tour (lost footage of "The Wiggles" live performance; 1999; existence unconfirmed)
Videos[edit | edit source]
- Wiggly, Wiggly Christmas (partially found original version of music video from album; 1996)
- Wake Up Jeff! (partially found original version of Wiggles video; 1996)
- A Wiggle Tale: Dorothy the Dinosaur Goes to Hospital (found promotional VHS tape; 1999)
- Getting Strong! (partially found original version of Wiggles video; 2006)
- The Wiggles (partially lost widescreen versions of children's videos; 2002-2004)
- Dancing Ride (found The Wiggles music video; 2001)
- LIVE Hot Potatoes! (found uncut version of Wiggles video; 2005)
- Overture Introductions (lost pre-show videos from The Wiggles tour; 2004)
Reference[edit | edit source]
- Archive of the group's website on the tour's start date
- Archive of the group's website on the tour's conclusion date
- Twitter page dedicated to the special with clips from the special
- YouTube playlist of the surviving footage
- Setlist.fm page on the tour's setlist that may've been used in the film
- YouTube video with the promo in question
- Disney Channel page on the special's airing
- A mention of a series of broadcast specials about The Wiggles
- Anthony Field's tweet on finding a copy of the concert. Retrieved 13 Nov '20