Wake Up Jeff! (partially found original version of Wiggles video; 1996)
Wake Up Jeff! was the fourth video released by the Australian children's group The Wiggles first released in Australia on August 12, 1996 and would see international releases in United States, Canada and South Africa for the next five years. The video named after the album of the same name and several songs from the album did appear on the video (except Everybody Is Clever in the United States). Before the release of the video in August 1996, the video had a very different look.
In several promos for the video on 1996 reprints of their previous videos Wiggle Time, Yummy Yummy and Big Red Car. The Wiggles' outfits, other character's designs and sets looked very different that what was seen in the released video. The Wiggles were wearing short sleeved shirts and shorts and the other character's designs were drastically different outside of Henry The Octopus who looks the same from the previous videos hence why he looks different from the album cover and the released video. The sets seen in the original version had a dark blue background with various shapes with The Wiggles colors and another set had a slightly different sky design than seen in the released video. While no official reason was given for the reshoots, but it's given that they band hated the new look and went back to the look they donned in the previous release Big Red Car and Henry's costume ended up getting an update.
Availability[edit | edit source]
The songs from the original version shown off in the promos were Wake Up Jeff!, Everybody Is Clever, Bing Bang Bong (That's a Pirate Song) and Dorothy (Would You Like To Dance?). Wake Up Jeff! and Dorothy (Would You Like To Dance?) are so far the only songs from the original version to surface thanks to the airing of those songs on ABC TV shortly before the release of the video. It's unknown if any of the songs from the released video were shot for the original version.
In November 2020, as part of The Wiggles ongoing Unreleased NEVER-BEFORE-SEEN Specials series on YouTube, Anthony Field revealed on Twitter that they are looking for the tapes of the original version.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Promo[edit | edit source]
Songs[edit | edit source]
External Link[edit | edit source]
See Also[edit | edit source]
- The Wiggles Live at Disneyland (found Australian TV special; 1998)
- The Wiggles (partially found alternate versions of episodes of children's show; 1998-2011)
- Wiggly, Wiggly Christmas (partially found original version of music video from album; 1996)
- The Wiggles Big Show (partially lost footage of Melbourne performance; 1997)
- A Wiggle Tale: Dorothy the Dinosaur Goes to Hospital (found promotional VHS tape; 1999)
- The Wiggles Series One (partially lost deleted scenes of children's live action series; 1997-1998)
- Wiggly Party Live in Concert (partially found footage of concert performance; 2001)
- The Wiggles Show (partially found animated songs from children's show; mid 2000s)
- The Wiggles (lost unaired ABC pilot featuring children's group; 1995)
- Getting Strong! (partially found original version of Wiggles video; 2006)
- The Wiggles (partially lost widescreen versions of children's videos; 2002-2004)
- The Wiggles Show (partially found Latin American adaptation of children's series; 2006)