Breakfast with Bear (partially found episodes of Playhouse Disney series; 2005-2006)
Breakfast with Bear was a spin-off of the popular Playhouse Disney show, Bear in the Big Blue House. It aired on the Disney Channel block, Playhouse Disney from June 20, 2005 to September 15, 2006. Interestingly, the show was also brought to the regular Disney Channel sometime in 2006; proof can be seen in a bumper down below. Each episode consisted of Bear traveling to different kids' homes and aiding the child "with their daily preparations, hygienical needs, games, songs, breakfast and other daily traditions."
- 1 History
- 2 Availability
- 3 Videos
- 4 Gallery
- 5 External Links
- 6 References
On March 12, 2003, the voice actress for Luna of Bear in the Big Blue House, Cherlynne Thigpen had passed away due to a cerebral hemorrhage. As this event occurred during the airing of the fourth season, eight episodes of the main series that were set to air were put on hold until 2006, creating a three year hiatus. During the hiatus, Disney Channel executive, Nancy Kanter called for a spin-off series to be made.
20 episodes in total were produced. 10 were made in New York, and another 10 were made in California. Currently, less than half of the episodes are available to view on the internet.
|1||Kayla of Poughkeepsie, NY||June 20, 2005||Partially Found|
|2||Aaron||June 21, 2005||Lost|
|3||Rhea||June 22, 2005||Lost|
|4||Abigail of Westport, CT||June 23, 2005||Lost|
|5||Christopher of New York City's "Big Apple Circus"||June 24, 2005||Lost|
|???||Paige of Elmont, NY||???||Lost|
|???||Ryan of Granada Hills, CA||???||Lost|
|???||Amanda of Oxnard, CA||???||Found|
|???||Giavanna of West Hills, CA||???||Lost|
|???||Rachel Mochizuki of San Marino, CA||July 1, 2005||Lost|
|???||Mackenzie Davis of Fallbrook, CA||July 18, 2005||Found|
|???||Rachel of Cypress, CA||July 22, 2005||Partially Lost|
|???||Noah Vivanco of Northridge, CA||July 29, 2005||Lost|
|??? (20)||Jonathan at Fort Irwin National Training Center (U.S. Army Base near Barstow, CA)||??? (September 15, 2006)||Found|
|???||Brittany of Bronx, NY||???||Existence Unconfirmed|
All of these short summaries have been provided by a series of online sources. No plagiarism is intended.
The website lists summaries for the first five episodes of Breakfast with Bear.
5-year-old Paige shows Bear how to jump rope.
During breakfast, Rachel claimed she usually ate breakfast in the car with a straight face. The filming crew found it hilarious, considering one of the messages of the show is to promote healthy eating.
6-year-old Mackenzie Davis, from Zion Lutheran School, visits Bear in her grandparents' farm. She teaches Bear how to pick oranges and make orange juice.
Noah Vivanco of Northridge, CA
Bear visits 6-year-old Noah Vivanco. He was surprised by the fact that Bear was very large. He was allowed to stay in his PJ's even after his morning routine. He and Bear ate chocolate chip waffles with syrup. Bear makes a suggestion to eat healthier foods next time such as blueberries, strawberries, and bananas.
Songs from Playhouse Disney Imagine And Learn With Music CD
Kayla of Poughkeepsie, NY
Abigail of Westport, CT
Christopher of New York City's "Big Apple Circus"
- Summaries and screencaps of the first 5 episodes.
- Official website (accessible via Wayback Machine).
- Disney Wikia article on Breakfast with Bear. Retrieved 16 Apr '17
- Breakfast with Bear Press Release Retrieved 21 May '17
- Page talking about Breakfast with Bear's finale Retrieved 19 Feb '18
- Black Then article on the life of Cherlynne Thigpen Retrieved 14 Jun '18
- Defunctland's video on the history of Bear in the Big Blue House Retrieved 14 Jun '18
- Defunctland's interview with Bear puppeteer, Noel MacNeal Retrieved 14 Jun '18
- San Marino Tribune article on the filming of Rachel Mochizuki for Breakfast with Bear Retrieved 11 Jul '18
- Village News article on the filming of Mackenzie Davis for Breakfast with Bear Retrieved 19 Oct '17
- Los Angeles Daily News article on the filming of Noah Vivanco for Breakfast with Bear Retrieved 19 Oct '17
- Pittsburgh Post-Gazette article on the filming of Noah Vivanco for Breakfast with Bear Retrieved 19 Oct '17