Little Einsteins (lost second pitch pilot of Playhouse Disney animated series; existence unconfirmed; 2004)
Little Einsteins is an animated series that ran on Playhouse Disney from 2005-2010. The show consists of the characters Leo, Quincy, June, Annie and Rocket (the rocketship) as they interact with the viewer and teach art and music appreciation.
Pilots[edit | edit source]
The show had two pilot that were pitch to The Little Einstein Company (then owned by Disney). The first pitch (then titled Little Einstein) ended up becoming a promo that was included in multiple Playhouse Disney and Baby Einstein DVDs and VHS tapes in 2003, the pilot shows the characters in a much earlier design than in the final show, in 2004 a second version of the pitch with the character's updated designs was also included on various DVDs.
Theres rumored to be a second pitch that was made. The only mentioning of it's existence is from an archived Douglas Wood autobiography that stated:
"He also created and wrote the pilot for an animated series for Disney based on the successful line of BABY EINSTEIN products that is preparing to go into production."
The other evidence being an image of the character with different concept designs compared to both the pilot and the final show. Although some sources like the Little Einstein's Wiki state that it was only one of many unanimated sketches made for the show. But this has yet to be verified by an official source.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Images[edit | edit source]
Videos[edit | edit source]
See Also[edit | edit source]
Disney Channel[edit | edit source]
- Welcome to Pooh Corner (partially found Disney Channel live-action puppet series; 1983-1986)
- Dumbo's Circus (partially found Disney Channel live action puppet series; 1985-1986)
- Fish Hooks (partially found unreleased pilot of Disney Channel animated series; 2009)
Playhouse Disney[edit | edit source]
- Adventures in Nutrition with Captain Carlos (partially found Playhouse Disney animated short series; 2004-2007)
- Bear in the Big Blue House (partially lost original English audio of Playhouse Disney puppet series; 1997-2006)
- Breakfast with Bear (partially found episodes of Playhouse Disney spin-off series; 2005-2006)
- Bear in the Big Blue House "Water, Water Everywhere" (lost unaired pilot of Disney Channel puppet series; 1997)
- Stanley (found unaired pilot episode of Playhouse Disney animated series; 1999)
- Out of the Box (partially lost Playhouse Disney children's series; 1998-2004)
- The Book of Pooh (found Playhouse Disney puppet series; 2001-2004)
- Playhouse Disney UK (partially lost interstitial material of children's TV channel; 1999-2006)
- PB&J Otter (partially found original credits sequences of Playhouse Disney animated series; 1998-2000)
- Handy Manny (partially found unaired pilot of Disney children's animated TV series; 2005)
Disney Junior[edit | edit source]
External Links[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Archived webpage on Douglas Wood's autobiography. Retrieved 30 Aug '21