Nick Arcade (found Nickelodeon game show; 1992)
Nick Arcade is a 1990s Nickelodeon game show that premiered on January 4th, 1992, and ended on November 6th, 1992. The show involves two teams who are competing to enter the Video Zone to face the challenge of the Game Wizard. In order to enter, each team must earn the highest points. Most of it involves moving Mikey on the screen board, as he lands in a square that uncovers certain events. Such as answering trivia questions (mostly relating to video games), winning bonus prizes, or given a "Video Challenge." The Video Challenge allows one of the teams to play a classic video game of their selection. Nick Arcade took some inspiration of video game based game shows such as Starcade and Video Power.
Reruns aired on Nickelodeon until September 28th, 1997, with alternate sponsorship plugs during those final airings. After that, the show started airing reruns on Nick GAS. The show lasted a total of 2 seasons, with 42 episodes total. While Nick GAS aired most of the episodes, there were 20 episodes that the network had not aired. One of those episodes was released on iTunes, and another was posted on TurboNick. Another five episodes were uncovered through VHS recordings from some of the 1990s Nickelodeon airings. This left a total of 13 episodes that had yet to be recovered. However, on March 24th, 2021, the entire series was added to ViacomCBS' streaming service Paramount+.
Due to the rarity of the missing episodes, some of them don't have any detail at all. But here is the known information to some of the missing episodes.
- Shakir & Alisa VS Kevin & Kerri: Star Defenders is the opening tossup. Rounds of Deep Space and Planet X. Video games shown are Turrican, Parasol Stars, Gaiares, Alpha Mission 2, and Battletoads. Video Zone challenge includes Alien Moon Base, Mind Maze, and Scorchia.
- Calvin & Katie VS Mark & Cheryl. Nothing else is known other than the title.
- One audience member saw an episode taped on November 29th, 1991, with an airdate of May 2nd, 1992.
- Mongo wizard level shown from 6:02-6:28 on the Enthlevel video.
- Issac & Dawn VS Robert & Maureen. No other information is available.
- John & Bard VS Christine & Walker. "What Was That" Video Puzzle during Mikey's SubSpace Station. Video clip shown during Enthlevel's video at 3:32-4:36
- Ricky & Amber VS Matthew & Darlene. They go through the Alien Moon Base and the Sub Search, but the boss is unknown. Video clip shown in Enthlevel's video from 0:01-0:57
- Paramount+'s page on Nick Arcade (requires a subscription to view the series). Retrieved 24 Mar '21
- Nick Arcade: The Ultimate Episode Guide on AngelFire. Retrieved 13 Nov '17.